The closing date is nearing for funding applications to a new grant scheme which will help offer more support to the vulnerable, young and elderly in Leicestershire.
The ‘Your Shire’ community grant, launched by the county council, has a £160,000 ‘pot’ which offers up to £2,500 to smaller groups and charities to develop activities they currently offer – or to give them a springboard to start something fresh.
There will be two rounds of funding and the closing date for round one is Sunday, October 19.
County Councillor for Whitwick, Leon Spence, said 'I would urge local groups to consider bidding for this important smaller grant funding pot.
'You Shire grants are very much aimed at groups looking to help vulnerable people as early as they possible can. Any local group who has identified a need and have innovative ideas how it can be addressed should visit www.leicestershireforums.org.uk as soon as possible.'
The funding will help to:
• Support vulnerable people in the community (£15,000 available each round);
• Encourage young people to achieve their potential (£15,000);
• Support older people to live independently (£15,000);
• Getting active in the community (£15,000);
• Eating healthily for less (£20,000, round one only);
• Supporting Carers (£20,000, round two only);