As a result I said I would regularly summarise my activities, as far as possible on a weekly basis, and publish them to this blog.
So here goes...
In the past week I have:
- Following group AGM submitted (with Deputy Leader) group officer paperwork to Officers.
- Held an introductory meeting, via telephone, with Leader of the Council, Cllr Richard Blunt.
- Held an introductory briefing with Chief Executive, Ms Christine Fisher.
- Over the weekend worked with Group Whip on finalising nominations to external community bodies (for approval at Council).
- Also over the weekend finalised Labour Group shadow cabinet for the forthcoming year.
- Attended evening Labour Group and Council AGM.
- Attended evening Standards & Code of Conduct training for members.
- Arranged briefings for shadow cabinet members from officers.
- Assisted local people with casework including holding a meeting with officers to discuss the (re)establishment of Woodside Residents Association.